Saturday, February 14, 2009

death to mushy

I hate to disappoint everyone, but I am not that kind of girl. I don't like romantic movies, I don't read "chick lit"*, I don't watch Gossip Girl - or Gilmour Girls - and I don't want jewelry or flowers or candy. I am a Valentine's Day zero.

In fact, my plan for Valentine's Day (although I hate saying that, because I do not plan my life around a greeting card holiday who only exists to sell me chalky heart candies) with my husband is to MAKE SOCK PUPPETS. Yeah, you heard me right. Sock. Puppets. The LA Guild of Puppetry is hosting a puppet building workshop, using socks! Pat Brymer is teaching the class and I am really excited - he has worked with Lambchop! And sang The Song That Never Ends!! It's going to be so much fun!

Now I just need to decide who/what my sock buddy should be... we were invited to bring materials from home, if we wanted. I need to decide who she/he will be and then find the right stuff to bring him/her to life. More on that later!


*well, ok, maybe some. BUT it's totally different if it's witty sarcasm written by an awesome chick and not some barf-inducing Harlequin romance.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin