Friday, January 16, 2009

like a hole in the head

So the last thing that I could possibly EVER need is something else to do which is precisely why I have launched the Comic Book Ladies' Auxiliary & Social Society (LASS). Why? Read about it here. 'Tis a boring life, that of a comic book wife! I am dragged across the country to conventions and autograph signings and cocktail parties and woe is me and I never know anyone and it gets reeeeeeally boring. So, I basically started a club to make friends. YES I AM SURE THAT MAKES ME A DORK. But I don't care. I'm hoping that by the Big Comic Con in San Diego, I'll have enough people in my little network that we can start planning outings and go to the zoo or something instead of expiring on the convention steps. So, there.

Next weekend, Ryan and I will be heading out to the Phoenix Comic Con for the first time ever and we'll have a table in the Artist's Gallery section. Hopefully our table will be directly across from Zombie Pie, which is the combined efforts of Erin, the Sock Zombie Queen of the Undead Sweatsock and Stacey Rebecca of Puppet Pie who wants to make the whole world a puppet show. I hope our tables are nearby so that I can throw nerds at them. Won't that be fun?

I also get the added bonus of meeting Erin in real life for the first time. I think I have been following her blog for... um... 8 or 9 years? Maybe longer? I swear we've been emailing since the dotcom boom, but I could be wrong. In any case, I'm crazy excited to get to meet her and The Jake and barking at some horses in her neighbor's yard. It's gonna be some GOOD TIMES.

1 comment:

Erin said...

It's been 17 1/2 years, actually, that we've been emailing. This is going to be one hell of an awesome (and tiring [and awesome!]) weekend. I can't WAIT!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin