Tuesday, October 28, 2008

best week ever

Another crazy weekend has come and gone, chock full of good and great and wonderful things and people. And once again, I am going to do the cop-out and post a weekend recap.

Friday

Ryan's band, The Taint, played at the Unknown Theater with special guest Kevin Stewart which was really fun. The Unknown Theater is a black box theater in LA that runs shows until about 10pm and then hosts bands. The show that was playing ran a bit late, which worked out and allowed all of the party peoples to catch up before we all went inside. Inside, it was a working theater with the stage still set up for the show -- so everyone performed inside a bedroom set, complete with bed and tables. It was pretty funny.

I took pictures with my new camera to test it out a bit more, which all turned out pretty great. It was also a first time using it for video, which turned out better than I'd hoped. If you want to catch up on the latest videos, check out my YouTube channel.







After the show, we went over to the French Quarter for middle of the night breakfast and waited (and waited and waited) for Adam. We gorged on pancakes and French onion soup and salads and grilled cheese sandwiches and fries and everything in between. GOOD TIMES! We finally headed home when the restaurant closed around us at 4am. I was super tired and swore that I was going immediately to sleep... only I ended up reading for a while and getting sucked into my book. Darn you Vicki Pettersson!! When the sun came up, I turned out the light and went to sleep.

Saturday

Slept 'til noon which isn't as impressive as it sounds. Ryan and I got up to meet Miss Bliss in Pasadena at Zephyr Café to work on our Top Secret Writing Project. The place is full of cool vibes, it's a 1908 Craftsman style house that has been converted into a relaxed hang-out space and we took up residence on the patio for a few hours and got some serious work done. It was awesome. Our project is going to melt your face off. For reals.

After that, Ryan and I headed home, swearing that we were going directly to bed (at 8:30pm) because we were both so exhausted. Of course, as soon as you say it, you jinx yourself. I ended up half-asleep on the couch, but unwilling to budge watching FOUR HOURS of a Heavy Metal documentary on MTV2. I now know more about heavy metal music than I ever wanted to and have a big ol' crush on Judas Priest. Did you know that Judas Priest invented the "heavy metal look"? It was kind of by accident… the singer needed a new look and took cues from his fetish for leather, which has now become the standard for all "tough" and metal guys. HILARIOUS. So note to all you bikers in your leather and chains: Gay bondage. HA HA HA HA

So at 1am, the series ended and I scooted off to bed… to read more (Vickkkkkki!!!) before I was too tired to do anything else and I fell asleep.

Sunday

Kevin was filling in with a band called Exotiki at the Redwood Bar in LA, for a "Sunday Brunch" and so we drove back up to LA for the show. If you're ever in the LA area, I highly recommend checking out the Redwood. It's close to the MOCA and all the cool sights in Downtown and well worth popping your head in. The entire bar is long and narrow and decorated like a pirate ship. The details are phenomenal. Everything from the doors to the galley to the cannon, it was all super awesome. Again, testing the video in super low light and really close to the speakers, it all came out pretty decent!



Toward the end of the set, Ryan and I had to jet because I promised my sister that I'd come to her pumpkin carving party. I made it there just in time and we had fun carving and scraping and scraping and scraping (jack-o-lanterns are a lot of work!). I started carving before I had a true idea of what I was going to do (typical) so I rushed and it didn't turn out quite right. Oh well, it was still a lot of fun. I need to post those pictures still.

After we were done, I had to drag my tired corpse home and got in bed early. With another Vicki Pettersson book, of course. It's like crack, people.

1 comment:

Giggly said...

Awesome videos!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin