Saturday, April 08, 2006

when cool just isn't cool enough

Of all the things that I am SUPPOSED to be doing right now, getting dressed probably ranks right up there. I have an appointment 45 minutes from now (4pm, yes you read that right) to get my nails and toes painted and re-lovelied... and still... I am hanging around the house in a bath robe.
We also just got a call from the Stewies, who are in LA and coaxing us to join them at the El Rey for a Big Ska Show tonight (featuring See Spot, who Mr. Stew used to play for and I am a GIANT fan). The show starts in 3 hours... will I be ready in time? Who knows. Honestly, I am THAT lazy. My brain is scrambled eggs and my feet are rejecting the notion of "shoes" and "standing" and "rocking out" -- isn't that terrible? You're probably thinking, 'no, that's not terrible. You're 60 years old, you should be enjoying your golden years'. Though my tiresome feeties would tell you otherwise, I am actually much younger and should not be farting around the house at 3pm in a bathrobe with a towel on my head (from the bath I took at 2pm), contemplating if I have enough energy to GET UP and go freaking enjoy myself... what the hell is wrong with me?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin