Thursday, September 15, 2005

will robinson

The biggest danger in blogging is _____.
 
For everyone, it's something different. Some fear their boss. Some fear the wife. Far and away, I think most people fear The Past. The Past could be someone who used-to-be-your-friend or an ex or a escaped convict that you'd promised to help rob a bank -- it's very individualized.
 
I wouldn't categorize myself as afraid per se, considering that I know they are here [*waving* hi, how ya doin' in the back row? you, with the dark glasses and the scarf? no sense in hiding, you've been spotted]. I know they're here, but I haven't ditched the blog or moved underground. Fortunately, I haven't had to. I am a realist -- I am confrontational and loud and opinionated and bitchy and I take everything with a grain of salt. It's why I am so endearing. Ha ha ha. I write things that I know that they will read, things they won't like, or things they probably think fondly of too and may want to comment.
 
And although I consider myself brave, I get sooooo pissed off when I see other people being intimidated. People who feel like they have to move or censor themselves or stop writing. I hate it when I hear that people are being bombarded from people from their past, people they hardly knew, people they are trying to forget, people that have evicted them before, people who just re-open the wounds, people who drop in just to be jerks. What the hell is wrong with these people? I want to slap them all. And with the mood I am in, I could do it -- tonight even! So Will Robinson, when that robot yelps 'danger' at you, call me up. You know I got your back.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin