Wednesday, August 31, 2005

dream team

Last night I had the exact opposite of a bad dream -- rather than monsters and spiders and axe murderers at every turn, it was all of the people I love best. They were everywhere!
 
I won't bore you with the dreamy details that wouldn't make sense to anyone not watching the replay in my head, but I was meeting Ryan in Northern California somewhere and so I made the road trip with an ex-boyfriend from high school and had the best time driving up there. When we got there, it was like a large frat house (except WAY cleaner) and all of my current friends as well as faces from the past were there. Somehow (through the magic of dreams!) I was able to sit and hold conversations with everyone, almost simultaneously, without interruptions or being rude. Everyone was laughing and smiling and noshing on great hors d'oeuvres and drinking Mexican Coke [with real cane sugar - mmmm!]. It was so much fun that it was crushingly disappointing to wake up.
 
Also please know that YOU were there -- and it was awesomely fun. 
 
Seriously people, we need to get together more often.
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin