Tuesday, August 30, 2005

when i grow up



I keep expecting it to just - wham! - hit me. And then I will be a Grown Up. And I will STOP doing childish things. I won't worry about things that go bump in the night. I won't wear t-shirts with cartoons on them. I won't giggle when someone farts. I will put my sunglasses in their case and my purse won't have breathmints stuck on the side or pennies rolling in the bottom. I'll get a french manicure and maintain it. I'll wake up in time to blow dry my hair and iron my clothes -- no more warming things up in the dryer until the moment I walk out the door. I'll have more than $6 in the bank and I'll use it for things like the water bill instead of for candy necklaces and girl scout cookies. I'll make dinner every night and not groan about 'chicken again' when I go to the refrigerator.

maybe... someday

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin