Monday, August 09, 2004

lazy daisy

I could cite about 100 things just off the top of my head about how lazy I am. And I don't mean that oh my gosh I didn't wash my car this week kind of lazy or even those damn cobwebs in our 50' vaulted ceilings are piling up again kind of lazy. I mean serious lazy. Lazy like I'm-watching-this-on-TV-because-the-cat-is-asleep-on-the-remote kind of lazy.

Here's just one example :

This morning I am digging through the dryer for the matching sock to the one I have in my hand. I thrust my little monkey paw in, and snag out every pink sock that I can see... no luck. So instead of taking the laundry out of the dryer and - god forbid - folding it and putting it away, I used the side of the dryer - you know? those little parts that stick out on the barrel? - and turned it, so that the clothes tumbled over. Surely, the sock would show itself now, right? No. Tumble again... searching searching searching... aw, fuck it. Where's my other sandal?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin