- Your coworker has 8 body piercings and none are visible.
- You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.
- You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English.
- Your child's 3rd-grade teacher has purple hair, a nose ring, and is named Breeze.
- You can't remember...is pot illegal?
- You've been to a baby shower that has two mothers and a sperm donor.
- You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown and you can taste the
difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.
- You know which restaurant serves the freshest arugula.
- A really great parking space can move you to tears.
- A low speed police pursuit will interrupt ANY TV broadcast.
- Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the US.
- A man gets on the bus in full leather regalia and crotchless chaps. You don't even notice.
- The guy at Starbucks wearing the baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney really IS George Clooney.
- Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.
- Your hairdresser is straight, your plumber is gay, the woman who delivers your mail is into S & M, and your Mary Kay rep is a guy in drag.
- It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH 2004."
- You have to leave the big company meeting early because Billy Banks himself is teaching the 4:00 p.m. Tae Bo class.
- You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cells or pagers.
- It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.
- Both you AND your dog have therapists.
- The Terminator is your new governor.
Thursday, January 08, 2004
YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN CALIFORNIA
From an email that makes its rounds every now and then... it's funny, because it's true, especially here in So. Cal.