Monday, August 04, 2003

It's a Small World After All...

I have said it before, and I will say it again... it's a small, small world.

For better or for worse, there is barely that 6 degrees of separation between me and anyone... it's just odd. My husband and I can go out of the country, to an island that no one has heard of - and run into people we know. It's uncanny.

A while back, our friend Brad picked up this magazine - I think in France - and it had an ad for this company that sells hair extension products. The model in the picture was someone that he used to work with... conincidentally, I used to work with the same person years before. [see the strange connections?] She looked stunning! I was so happy for her!

Look at how beautiful she looks! I am seriously so happy for her... and I have half a mind to try and contact her. But I'm scared. Is that weird?

I haven't seen her in a few years (maybe 5?) and she's obviously formed a new and very cool life... so I guess I am intimidated. Maybe she's forgotten me? Maybe she doesn't care? What if she didn't email me back? It's all kind of nerve racking... so I just haven't emailed her.

The other side of the coin : what if she is just as interested to hear from me (and my husband, who she adores)? What if I am being a wuss and things will turn out lovely and I am missing a chance to bring an old friend back into my life?

Oh, the dilemma....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin