Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sunny Saturday

Not sure what it means exactly but today my aunt told at least five
different stories involving crows stealing food. She claims to have
seen one bust open a jelly packet and slurp it. Similarly she watched
one drink a cup of coffee and yet another sitting around with a
cigarette butt hanging out of it's mouth. I'm not quite sure why she
has seen all these things, but there you are.

At the beach today I saw baby sandpipers and gigantic old pelicans.
The water is still too cold for dolphins but they'll be back soon. I
did get an odd sunburn pattern where I missed putting on sunblock and
had a sandy sandwich so all-in-all it was a great day.

The surf was flat so my brother and his pal were bummed but there were
lots of girls in bikinis so they still had an ok day.

Tonight I am watching movies while I wrap up an embroidery piece.
Shark vs Eagle was so sweet. An adorable indie film in every way. I am
enamored with geek love movies. Jemaine Clement was fantastic but you
don't have to be a Flight of the Conchords fan to like the movie. Ryan
says "it's what you wanted Napolean Dynamite to be" which I think is
fairly accurate. (such high hopes for ND but just couldn't get into
it) Now we are watching Tongan Ninja which is pretty funny and kinda
weird. It's a spoof of ninja movies, if you like that genre you'd
probably like it more than me but I do find myself chuckling now and
again.

Oh well, back to stitching!

1 comment:

Giggly said...

LOL, you sound like Happy, "Shark VS. Eagle" actually Happy would say, " Dolphin VS. Crow....LMAO

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin