Monday, July 14, 2008

Comic Con countdown

Ten days and counting...

Prep Work
  • daily walking (since we've been blocked out of Disneyland for weeks now, I need to get back into the flow of walking miles and miles and then standing on concrete for hours at a shot)
  • outfit planning - much more important than you realize! Days are warm and you're sharing space with one hundred and fifty thousand other people. Light weight clothes, comfy shoes - these are necessities
  • bag planning - since we're taking the train back and forth almost every day (to avoid the 4 hour traffic jams - yay!), we have to pre-plan what to take. Snacks, water, paper parasols, sweatshirts, etc. As the details are finalized, I'll post the contents here as part of my Comic Con Tips & Tricks list
  • accessories - just because I'm a comic book widow doesn't mean that I have to look like a Frodo. I have so many cool accessories that I am planning to show off all my awesome new jewelry, including a sparkly new telephone necklace thanks to Jennifer at Naughty Secretary Club!
  • Scheduling - for the first time in 9 years, I am actually making a plan about which panels to see. Can you believe it? I feel like such a noob! Usually, I just kind of tag along with Ryan during his autograph sessions and stuff and then mull around the convention center, but this year I am taking charge of my destiny! I will follow Kate and Bliss and Adam to which ever panels they choose!
  • Lip prep - I can't wait to meet Bruce Campbell, and I am 99.9999% sure that he's going to love me back, so I have to get my kisser ready!

2 comments:

Miss Bliss said...

I guess I should let my employer know that I'm taking Thurs and Fri of next week off...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Anonymous said...

Bruce Campbell... how I love thee... let me count the ways... one... two... three... four... five... six... seven...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin