Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Let's go Basketball - let's go!

I just got home from the Lakers-Warriors game, which was pretty good. Even by my critical-although-I-don't-even-pay-attention-to-sports standards (it pained me to boo Derek Fisher, who I respect as an actual player, unlike all the Laker showboats - that's you, Kobe). I went with a friend from work and we were in a suite which was pretty cool. I've never been in a Staples Center suite before (although I have reserved the suites tons of times in my last job), and it was actually quite nice. One of the funniest things was that this guy brought his 2 kids, who were probably 3 and 5 and the 5 year-old was the cutest little girl and she kept yelling "let's go Angels - let's go!" in the standard stadium-chant. When her dad said "no, no, no... we're cheering for the Lakers" she rolled her eyes and started calling out in her loudest voice "Let's go basketball - let's go!" again, from dad "no no no" and she changed it to "let's go basketball team - let's go!" which was highly amusing and freaking adorable. I told him, she's a smart girl -- she's keeping her options open until she sees which team is doing better. No matter who wins, she was cheering for their basketball team : a foolpoof plan!
The highlight (the nachos were sub-standard and get only 2 gold stars) was when we were entering via the VIP section (ahem), a girl turned to me and asked if she could take my picture. While I was motioning "Me?" and pointing to myself, I did a half-turn and realized that the gentleman smooshed up on my back behind me was none other than Jack Nicholson. He was very nice and stopped for her picture before heading down to court-side for the Best Seats of the House. That was kinda cool. In hindsight, though, I should have put my arm around him for the pic -- THAT would have been funny. But, live and learn. Of course, the batteries in my own camera died, so I have no pictorial evidence that I was even there.
One last funny : while pulling up my pants after peeing, my ticket fell out of my back pocket into the toilet. Hilarious to see it floating but too icky to actually fish out. I wanted to take a picture because I couldn't stop laughing. Fortunately, I didn't need to leave the third level, so I didn't need my ticket again, because THAT would have been gross.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin