Monday, April 17, 2006

friends & family


This weekend I got to spend time with one of my favorite little buddies, Caden, at Jackson's birthday party. He is so cute it kills me. I gave him a grape (he asked) and he kept smelling it and rolling it over and over in his hand and I was finally like 'just eat it dude' and he took a little bite and his eyes got all big and he said, "Mia, it's delicious!" I swear my ovaries fainted, it was so cute. Apparently, he had never had a grape before and so he kept just licking it and savoring it like candy and would tap me on the arm now and then to say "Mia, it's delicious" and then go back to eating. It took him about 30 minutes to get through one grape. Priceless.
Sunday we went to the Fireman's Pancake Breakfast with the fam, which was cool. Although the crossing guard guy looked like Sid Haig and made me want to cry. The Easter Bunny had long, long, nappy fur and carried a backpack, which was weird. I think he also left on a motorcycle. At my mom's house we opened our Easter baskets, which were loaded with the worst thing you could possibly give Ryan and Evan : chinese yo-yos. Dammit -- those things were flying all over with this whole battle. I had to put them in the trunk for the drive home. It was like wrangling chimps. Forget the peeps -- forget the jellybeans -- no they wanted the YO YOs. *sigh*
Last night we also watched the Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe which was HILARIOUS. that movie got knocked everywhere, but I loved it. I haven't read the book, so maybe that's why I was less critical, but I absolutely loved the movie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin