Sunday, December 18, 2005

out of the tunnel

So much for looking at the light at the end of the tunnel -- I'm here now, basking in the glory of fresh air and sunshine and birds and trees and damn it's cold out here.

This past week was a nightmare of a week for me. I put in just under 60 hrs of work [yes, I am salaried and no I don't get any goodies for my efforts] which is enough stress in and of itself. But when 99% of your work is last-minute running around and begging and pleading and cajoling, it's sometimes all that you can do to stay sane. Honestly, I am not sure that I succeeded. By Thursday night when I got home [I've been working multiple events every day, that run from early morning until late at night, and never in the same location -- or even vicinity] from the last dinner event of the week - hooray! - I wanted to burst into tears.

Totalled, I ate something like 4 meals this week, slept about 20 hours [Monday - Friday], drove about 300 miles*, managed 15+ events, including 300+ people, turned in innumerable reports and exchanged over 1,500 emails. No exaggerating.

Needless to say, this weekend I was exhausted. So many things that I wanted/needed to do, but just couldn't bear the thought. I did, however, manage to watch enough movies to melt a human brain, which was the intended effect. Stretched out on the couch with a cat on my lap, happily kneading bread [as my mom says], with hot apple cider and caramel covered popcorn... it was lovely. My only complaint is that I have to go and ruin it by starting the process all over again tomorrow.


*bear in mind that the furthest, distance-wise, that I went in one day was 30 miles out. That means the rest was back-and-forth around town toodling.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin