Wednesday, October 12, 2005

webcast guilt

Yahoo Launch Cast is cool, but it's giving me a complex.

I find myself listening to songs that I am not really in the mood to hear, but I feel too guilty to skip them. If I was in my car -- the most sophisticated bubble of anonymity ever created -- I would change the channel in a heart beat. No one would see me, no one would know. But somehow I feel like Launch Cast is someone doing me a favor. Streaming music through my PC feels like a gift that I need to be more grateful for and that I shouldn't dare skip past any song -- especially if its an artist that I have marked "can't get enough".

But I will tell you this (in a whispered hush, lest anyone hear me) : sometimes "Exodus" just strikes me as boring.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin