Monday, June 13, 2005

on the weeks end

Saturday, we went to see Layer Cake, which was really good. If you liked Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels or Boondock Saints - see this movie. We saw it at the Village*, which is an Edwards theater, but runs usually only indie movies or hard-to-find titles. It's a cool place, even though the seats are Olde Skool and creak a lot (I tend to fidget). Also, this summer they're hosting a summer flashback series on Wednesdays and last week they sold out all 700 seats to Goonies. We're going back on Wednesday for Ferris Bueller's Day Off... sure, we know the whole movie line-by-line, but when was the last time you saw it on the big screen? 1986??

So we got home late and then stayed up later, because that's how we roll. I fell asleep somewhere 'round 4am. Got up at 7am to feed the kitten faces, fell back asleep and woke up around 8:40am because of the EARTHQUAKE. I swear, nothing wrecks a day like an earthquake... I bolted awake, kept an eye on the jolting situation, started planning out my Plan of Action (I never did actually even get out of bed), then flipped on the news for the next hour to see if anyone mentioned it (strangely, Meet the Press didn't say a thing). Then I tried to fall back asleep which didn't work, and then it finally did and then when I woke up it was noon. Suck. This isn't to say that I don't wake up at noon on a regular basis... it means that I slept later than I wanted to, missed breakfast at my fave breakfast joint, got a late start on everything, except my Sunday Psychosis. I didn't even enjoy my shopping trip to Target. THAT is how an earthquake messes up your day.



*which, apparently this guy loves

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin