Monday, May 23, 2005

gobble gobble dead

Saturday, I coordinated a theater buy-out for a private screening of Star Wars, Ep.III, which as you can imagine was insane. The theater we bought out seated 586 people and we filled in nearly every seat -- it was amazing! I was "working" through most of the beginning of the movie (there were trailers? When??) : handing out door prizes, helping people find seats in the dark (nope, I wasn't kidding when I said we were sold out and to come early for a good seat), etc. I missed some of the opening battle part (evidently) but since I am not a die-hard Star Wars person, it didn't bother me.

The movie was... really good, and very emotionally draining, and I still think I need to see it again. I missed so much, because I was constantly jumping out of my seat to help people. I also purposely didn't let myself get emotionally invested... I severely wanted to let myself get lost in it, get wrapped up and cry. But since I was "on duty", I couldn't. BUT I did leave lusting for Hayden Christiansen, which I think we are all morally obligated to do. This face in particular gives me goosebumps (oh, and I checked, he's 24 so it's totally legal).

Then Sunday I spent the afternoon at a birthday gathering for my Great Aunt, which was nice, but I was so tired from being so overwhelmed all of last week, that I really just wanted to go home and take a nap. When I did get home, I did just that -- I read the last of Running With Scissors and then slept for about 45 minutes. Oh, but before that, Ryan and I went to Rite Aid to get an ice cream cone (Chocolate Malted Krunch) and I saw this little girl, waiting at the pharmacy with her mom and brother. It was very clear that both kids were yanked right out of the pool (they were dripping wet) and were trying to entertain themselves while the prescription was being filled. Then Ryan and I headed over for Disneyland, to watch the new fireworks show. It was amazing. My pictures are less than spectacular, but whatever -- at least I posted something. ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin