Sunday, March 06, 2005

geek week

Not to brag or anything, but I am a really good hand-washer. Yes, I know that sounds random, but it's true - and now I have proof.

We did a lab test last week : after washing our hands with antibacterial soap we pressed our dry fingers into a petrie dish with solid agar and incubated the dishes. On Friday, we reviewed what had grown in the dishes on our fingerprints (yes, everyone had growth). After preparing my first Gram Stain (and that went swimmingly, too, thanks) I was able to read the results and as it turned out, the only thing that was growing in pure culture was normal flora and fauna. Yay! That means that I rule : I have clean hands, an excellent manor with petrie dishes, and I rock at Gram Staining. Shit dude, hand me an award.

-----
Geez, I am a geek [see above].
-----

This weekend I slept too much. Way too much. And I am not lamenting the loss of free time or the fact that I only wore real clothes (as opposed to pj's) for a handful of hours over the past 2 days. My only regret is that I slept in so late. Saturday afternoon, I took a nap in the afternoon after polishing off my new Cynthia Kaplan book "why I'm like this" - which was an ok book. It was recommended by Amazon, because I had previously purchased David Sedaris and Anna Quindlen books from there, and Kaplan has been described as a mix between the two. Her stories are fun to read, but somehow seemed to fall short. But anyway, I read the last few stories and then fell asleep. Then I was incapable of falling asleep last night. Ryan conked out somewhere around 3am, but I was wide awake. I forced myself to lay down and stop watching crappy TV and instead read the Book of Liz (written by David & Amy Sedaris), which actually is worth reading - and would especially amuse the theatrical type. It's a short play, so it only took about 30 minutes to read... so I lay there, thinking, thinking, thinking... I finally forced myself to sleep when the sun was fully up and the clock read 6:12am. I figured "that's enough" and shut off all the lights. That meant that I slept 'til 11am - got up for lunch - then back to sleep from 1pm - 3pm. Which means that there will be no sleep for me tonight. What a great way to start a week, huh?

-----
Geez, I am a geek [see above].
-----

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin