Thursday, January 22, 2004

so what are you doing tonight?

First, I am overly excited at the prospect of learning to knit. Yes, overly excited. I am aging myself by approximately 50 years by learning to knit. Add that to the fact that I already have insoles in my shoes, wear glasses for reading, love to embroider, and would love to adopt a colony of cats... I am practically 100. Where's my damn social security check?!

I did some side work for my mom (back breaking presentation binding, to be exact) and so she owes me... so I have decided to invoice her for a copy of the Stitch 'n Bitch book as well as knitting needles and a couple of thingies* of yarn. By this time tomorrow, I should have carpal tunnel and bags under my eyes from knitting all night long. If I look frazzled, don't be surprised. Just remind me how no one else can pull off cranky and disheveled quite like me...

*I expect this book to teach me what those thingies are called. (I have already learned about bolts of fabric, spools of thread, etc. I just need the knitting terminology)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin