Monday, September 29, 2003

Poverty Pot Luck

Money is tight all over. This week, rent is due and I had a few bucks in the bank left over. I was planning to pay the cable company and maybe even the phone company... but instead, Ryan's clutch went out on his truck. There's $650 that I didn't have to start with that is now gone. Great. All the while, the fridge repair guy STILL hasn't come back, so I am forced to eat oatmeal or Taco Bell.

Seems that I'm not the only one with $9 and 4 days left 'til payday... if anyone wants to come over for iced tea and Top Ramen, I'll email you directions to my house. Jules and Miss Bliss, along with the other commenters seems to share the same problem. No money. Let's have a poverty pot luck! I'll make ramen and instant oatmeal... you bring the stale chips from the back ofthe cupboard.

I mean, I'll do it but I don't want to be the 26 year old nerd girl 'shopping' from my mother's pantry, all the while convincing her that I'll have the money I owe her in just another week... maybe I can nick some lunch meat or frozen dinners from Mom. If anyone has a fridge to keep the stuff in, I'm glad to share!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin