Saturday, September 06, 2003

As Told To Gimmy

Thank you to Gimmy for sending me these interview questions... hard ones too!

If you would like to play along and have me interview you....the following rules apply:
1. If you want to participate, leave me a comment saying "interview me." (or you can email me)
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


1. What's the biggest lie you've ever told?

I don't really lie very much, so I can think of are just stupid things that you do in high school. I really wanted a kitten and my mom kept saying no no no no no. So one day, I was with some friends and we were taking the bus to the beach. On the way, we stopped at a grocery store to get sodas and whatnot, and some people were giving away kittens. I really wanted one, so I took one. I put the kitty in my back pack and we took the kitty to the beach with us for the day (which the kitty actually seemed to enjoy). At the end of the day, while riding the bus back home I invented a story to tell my mom about how I found this kitty at the bus stop and I had to 'rescue' him. My mom was suspicious, but I don't think I've ever told her the truth about it.

2. If you were a superhero, what kind of powers would you have?

I'd probably have some selfish power, like spite. I would pop the tires of the jerks who drive like jerks and make pretentious people less beautiful and smell bad... of course, I could use these powers on your behalf, if you're my friend. But if you aren't - watch out!

3. If you could choose between a potion that would guarantee you'd have incredible sex for the rest of your life and one that would guarantee stimulating conversation, which would you choose?

Conversation, definitely. As much as I enjoy sex and have so much fun with my Dear Husband, I think that the best times that I have ever had with anyone are the conversations that we share. Even the ones where you look back and wonder why you were debating which kind of bagels are better (baked or boiled) for three hours, you still smile because that was one heck of a conversation piece. He's the best "mental stimulator" I have ever met. Ever.

4. Name fashion accessories you absolutely cannot live without and ones you wouldn't be caught dead wearing.

Hmm... it's hard to think of something that I couldn't live without but there are certainly things that I take with me everywhere, like my body jewelry. I never take out my nose ring or the barbell in my tongue. It's not that I would perish without them, it's just sort of like... what's the point of drilling holes in your face, if you aren't gonna fill them? One thing I couldn't live without would be some sort of hair restraint device. Whether it's a rubber band, a clip, a barrette, or a piece of string, I am never without something to pull my hair back out of my face.

You wouldn't catch me dead in any designer apparel that is emblazened with logos. I can't STAND these uppity Orange County people who feel that they need to display exactly how much their shirt cost... "this is a DKNY t-shirt and you know I paid at least $75 for it!" Blech. I have no time to be a walking billboard, especially for something I paid for. I also wouldn't be caught dead in any of the Tiffany silver jewelry that's become en vogue as of late... I just can't understand people who pay $75 for a sterling silver charm just because it's enscribed with "Tiffany & Co" - that doesn't make it worth anything more! It's STILL silver!

5. Describe a technological innovation you hope will be commonplace in 30 years.

Mechanical organs, like hearts and kidneys. Too many people expire while on waiting lists for organs that can be replaced by machinery... if only they could get it together to perfect the machines. I think that man last year who received the first mechanical heart transplant was very brave, and they proved that they can do it... unfortunately, the poor guy who got the heart was so ill already and weak from the surgery, that he didn't live much longer. But I think definitely the ability is there.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin