Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Etiquette Schmetiquette!

I need a gift party. Bad. Can I throw one for myself? Just some random I've-had-these-same-hand-me-down-dishes-for-4-years-Party?

When my husband and I first moved in together, our mothers used their powers to summon all the old and ugly and mismatched kitchen supplies in the universe. While I am MORE than appreciative of the gesture, and the kitchen supplies have served us well, I am ready to replace them all. Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to do that. :(

I'd love to host a dinner party where everyone brings something for the kitchen - like a house warming present - for me... "Thank you, Brad, I LOVE this spatula" "Cyndee, your ladle is TOO generous" "Where ever did you find this trivet?" Are you allowed to do that? Or am I daydreaming again?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin