Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Now is that gratitude?

If you send me one of those slam-book emails where you ask me "What quality do you admire most in a person?" I will invariably answer "gratitude."

I have come to expect the email response, "Gratitude? What about respect? Sheesh" but to me gratitude symbolizes all of the greatest characteristics that a person could have. Can you really have one without the other?

If you really respect someone... their art, their vision, or their mind, then you would be grateful for the chance to know them, to hear them, to see them. If you really have an appreciation for someone, then you would have respect for them. Admiring one's fortitude, strength or even sense of humor would lend you an appreciation of them... and so on. It all comes back to gratitude.

I think there is nothing as important or personal as gratitude. It shows that you are truly thankful and not just glad for a particular thing or situation.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin