Wednesday, December 16, 2009

welcome to the real world

Even with the extra day of buffering after our cruise returned to port, the move back to the real world has come as a harsh slap-in-the-face. Apparently, the world doesn't stop just because you're gone and coming back to work yesterday was like jumping into a serious game of double-dutch. Exhausting!

Also: there's nothing like a cruise ship to make your house look like a filthy flop house. I'll admit, I am not a good housekeeper and I hate to clean, so my house is probably dirtier than all of yours put together... but, sweet Jeebus on a spring, let me tell you! The whole gag about cruise ship stewards being gung-ho is no exaggeration. It's true: they DO clean your room 3 times a day. And not just servicing it with fresh towels - no! Actual cleaning. You can barely turn around without the shower being scrubbed down, the carpets vacuumed, the toilet polished. These are standards by which even most good housekeepers will start to feel a little self-conscious. Needless to say, I spent my first night at home scrubbing my bathtub.

I've been so busy/jetlagged/slightly sick that I haven't had a chance to upload pictures or blog about the trip or much else at all, actually.

During the trip, Ryan and I did a series of short podcasts and had intended on uploading them at sea, but best laid plans and all.... (plus, internet access was $1.50 a minute and cell phone service was $19.99/mb and we are cheap-ass mofos. So we sent them when we got off the ship.) Anyway, if you want to hear some lame-ass shit, they're posted on my Posterous page: http://giddygirlie.posterous.com/

More to come soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin