Friday, October 30, 2009

Flashback Friday

October 1977

I am less than a month old - my eyes are still purple* - and my parents are debating what type of Halloween costume I should have. While they mull it over, they start carving jack-o-lanterns and then hey! Look at that! She fits right inside!


mia-punkin2

Mom, in her infinite craftiness, decides to grab a smaller pumpkin and make me a hat. I don't really like it much and it's too heavy for my young neck to support, but mom makes a show of it anyway and sets up a few trials for the camera. I really don't like the cold pumpkin rind helmet and start to grouch about it right after this picture is taken.

mia-punkin
Happy Halloween!

*my eyes eventually turned brownish-orange, but they stayed violet-purple until after my first birthday. Usually babies are born with light eyes (like blue or green) that darken after a couple of weeks (when the pigment in the muscle develops), but for some reason mine didn't. On my birth certificate and early childhood documentation, the eye color says "purple"

2 comments:

Kate Danley said...

These are just about the cutest pictures ever! I think you should print up a million copies, glue them to cardstock, and start selling holiday cards on etsy, because THESE ARE KILLING ME!!!!

Giggly said...

These are my favorite photos of you. :) So stinkin' cute!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin