Tuesday, January 10, 2006

techno junkie

This morning, I was driving to work, rocking out to The Slackers, courtesy of my new MP3 player. Too many text messages left my phone battery low, so I plugged it into the charger to refuel (only takes 5 minutes!). At the red light, I saw this ridiculous car, so I whipped the digital camera outta my purse and snapped a shot.
 
This is now my every day existence. I am wired from the minute I wake up (courtesy of the alarm clock) to the moment I fall asleep (coaxed along by the white noise machine). I spend at least 8 hours of my waking day, tied by the fingertips to a keyboard, manipulating electronic files of indecipherable code into something resembling a spreadsheet or document.
 
It's quite amazing. Even more amazing still is that 10 years ago, I barely had a computer at all. I lived by the typewriter and died by the hand-written document. Ah, the times they are a-changin'.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin