Monday, November 28, 2005

Four Day Weekend, oh how I love thee... and now Monday has come and... well, actually I am back at home. I feel like poo, and so I have taken my work tools (laptop, phone, organizer) and am working from my couch. Not exactly a 5th "free" day, but work is always better with a lap blanket and a cat sleeping on my feet.

Thanksgiving was nice -- too much was eaten, naps were taken, Scattergories was played, movies were watched. This year, we spent the day at my mom's house (we've been going up to Ryan's grandma's house for the past few years) and it was really nice -- but I think my mom liked it best of all. She always comments on how good it is to have the whole family in the house. We were there for something like 7 hours, but when we left Mom said "are you sure you have to leave so soon?" Luckily, I got to split the guilt with little sister who was hopping a plane to Tahoe for the rest of the weekend.

I hunkered down into several books, which was awesome because I haven't had much time for reading lately. I finished a craft exchange project this weekend too -- I will post pictures after it hits the mail -- and am really pleased with the outcome. I rearranged the living room, to prep for the Christmas Tree, dug out the decorations, got the porch prepped for lights and decor. We took a break to see Walk the Line, but it was sold out, so we saw Goblet of Fire again. Still awesome. I chased the cats around and bought some Christmas gifts. It was a very good weekend. Too bad about today - what a waste. If you need me, I'll be the lump on the couch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin