Monday, June 28, 2004

new tooth

Last week, people said to me "no to scare you, but be prepared for pain" "Yikes. I would have another baby before I'd have another root canal" I got notes of condolence. Pats on the shoulder, encouraging me to be strong.

I was prepared for the worst.

As it turned out, I felt 0% pain. I requested nitrous, in case I got too anxious, but I never had to use it so I got that $85 back. That worked out nicely. The dentist was very gentle, very fast and efficient. he was done in about 45 minutes, and that was with placing the post for my cap. He set it up for me so that I don't need a temporary cap, because he said that they bother people more and tend to slow the healing and cause discomfort. Instead, when I come back in 4 days (after my antibiotic regimen) I get my cap and I am done. I took one of the 800 mg motrin that he prescribed before the novacane wore off and I have been comfortable ever since - no pain at all. I know that my gum will be tender for the next few days, but so far, so good.

If you need a root canal - I know the guy to see. As much as it pains me to say it : I had a REALLY good dental experience today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin