Thursday, February 26, 2004

My So Called...

This is where I stand this week. Picture a see-saw propped on the edge of the Grand Canyon (catch me Matt!).

On Tuesday, I was offered a job that I have been considering. It comes with a nice pay increase and a few added bonuses. I asked for some time to consider.

On Wednesday, I was laid off. Our whole department has become outsourced and so I have until Friday to transition my duties, and then I'm history. Needless to say, I accepted the other job. Even though this new job holds a lot of promise and could be something really good... I haven't had a chance to get excited yet. I came home last night and was in a deep funk. I turned to hot water, bubbles, and a good book. The traditional panacea failed me... so I turned to the humor of a good kick-ass friend... I felt a little better, but still couldn't sleep and my dreams were riddled with odd references to bloggers that I barely know. Today I am exhausted. I want to cry. I want to yell. I want to kick some body in the shins. I want to sew. I want to make sock monkeys for hot chicks. I want to eat chocolate until I barf. I want to shop, spend all my money. I want to bounce the rent check and run off to Mexico. I want to run a marathon. I want to stay in bed. I want to flog myself for being a flake. I owe candy to so many people... I have wristcuffs to knit... I have dishes to wash. And all I want to do is lay here. Watch TV movies and cry into my popcorn. Forgive me friends, the Giddy Girl is in a grumpy mood.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin