Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Merry Christmas...blah blah blah....

As I mentioned yesterday, I am collecting holiday cards for donation, and I have been handling this on behalf of my 65 nearest and dearest colleagues, as well as my own family.

I took a few minutes from the computer eyestrain that is my daily existence to separate the card fronts from the backs earlier and I found this one...


Please note the following :
  • preprinted, cheerful, holiday message
  • lack of signature
  • RETURN ADDRESS LABEL in lieu of a signature
  • insignia on the labels, toasting the new year 2001



I mean, I know the whole holiday thing has become a farse and most of us are just going through the motions, sending cards because we think we should, buying gifts because Macys tells us to... but this is ... wow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin