Thursday, August 28, 2003

Today is going to be another good day.

I slept like crap for the first half of the night, tossing and turning with nightmares. Only to be awake the second half of the night, writhing in pain. The painkillers helped lull me back into nightmarish sleep and when I finally dragged my sorry self out of bed I could barely keep my eyes open. In fact, two and a half hours later, I'm still at that stage. Worn out from bad sleep and drowsy from Vicodin.

I knew this was going to be hard on me, physically. Coming off of 5 years worth of birth control pills has to have some consequence, but I guess I wasn't adequately prepared. Although, who really is? Even a pregnant woman who has gone to lamaze classes and made her peace with the fact that child birth is going to hurt never goes into labor and says "Ow! Well, you know what? I can't really complain... I mean, I did know that it was going to be like this." No. They yell their heads off. And I intend to do the same today.

If you're reading this... be forewarned... I may will be cranky and your best course of action is to either avoid me or throw chocolate in my cube and lace it with arsenic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin